Monday 25 February 2013

Monday? More like Meanday


Luckily I have lots of coffee to push me through the day. I was supposed to spend all day yesterday doing homework but of course I didn't. I was actually supposed to spend all night Friday and all night Saturday too but you know me, I'm a big old procrastinator. I just want to sleep all.the.time.

This morning I woke up at 5am to go to a 6am workout class with Erika. It wasn't so bad because I got to bed at around 10:30 the night before but after I went home, showered, ate breakfast and fast forwarded through my recording of the Oscars (I really only wanted to see if Jennifer Lawrence won) I was really starting to feel the sleep deprivation. I drove to school and felt completely exhausted. I can't remember the last time I felt that completely dead. When I got here I found a nice cubicle, laid out my work and put my head down for a nice little nap. After a while you lose all shame when it comes to napping at university. I haven't done it for a long time but in third year I made a habit out of getting a nap in every day. I slept for an hour. It felt amazing and I'm pretty positive I didn't snore haha. I'm feeling much better now and am sipping on my cold coffee happily. I've done a little more work since I woke up and am slowly getting closer to getting to the point where I can start making my power point.

Wednesday I have a presentation in the morning and an essay proposal due in the afternoon. Neither are very hard, it's making myself do them that's the hard part. I'm actually a zombie who's only focus is Netflix and napping. Must get through the rest of this semester. Then nap.

I'm hoping that we only have a couple more weeks of winter until things start to get nicer around here. The end of second semester is always pretty wonderful weather-wise. I just remember walking to class last year near the end of second semester in my rolled up jeans, Toms and cardigan and not minding one bit that I had a class a couple blocks off campus. I can't wait to feel that content happiness again.

Until then I'll be stuck in this library typing away and utterly dreading everything my planner is telling me must be done.

Have a wonderful Meanday pals, but I know that's a hard thing to wish for at this point if you're a student!

xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment