Wednesday 13 February 2013

Currently

*This is me dreaming of a day without midterms*

Obsessing over: Jack White. Oh man is he talented. I seriously think everything he touches turns to gold. After I was done my notes last night I watched an hour long interview between him an Conan O'brien. I kept finding myself nodding at the screen because everything he says is just so inspiring. He's such an incredibly hard worker and genuine musician. I admire the fact that he refuses to make his music with digital technology because he sees it as cheating and he kept saying "even if no one else knew that I was cheating, I would know." I just love him. I'm a die hard White Stripes fan and even though I don't love his solo work as much, I still really love it. It's currently being played over and over again in my car. Sheesh he is inspiring.
.
Working on: getting ready for my quiz tonight. I've just printed out my paper for my class at 2:30 and the last hurdle for the day is to take this stinkin quiz. I haven't done the readings but I think I'll be fine just using my notes. I have a paper due Sunday and I hope to get it done before the weekend so I can get a little relaxation and have a little fun.

Thinking about: Saturday. Speaking of fun...I have plans to go to Toronto with Erika to stay at Shauna's Saturday night. Me and Erika were in a workout class and "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" came on (the cheesiest, I know). I looked at Erika and said "we're going dancing this weekend. Text Shauna." I love dancing with them. We just hop on the dance floor, act super silly and just have fun. There's nothing better than truly just enjoying playing around with people.
.
Feeling: much happier than yesterday. I am getting through the worst of it and I think my midterm went pretty well this morning. I'm still stressed about the road ahead but I'm getting through it. I told Jordan yesterday that I was seriously considering getting a random part time job after school so I could just chill out for a while. I'm just mentally exhausted by the work and I'm not sure jumping into another stressful situation is what I want right now. Who knows.
.
Wanting: to give up chocolate for lent (which starts today). So I'm not really super religious but I feel like lent is a good time to give up a vice and chocolate is my vice. I try to keep away from it but I probably have chocolate every day in the form of a chocolate covered almond, or a mini reeses pieces. I loooove chocolate and even though I keep it in moderation, I really crave it and I think that cutting it out of my diet for 40 days will do me some good. Hopefully I won't even notice after a while. For new years I gave up diet pop (I was addicted to Coke Zero) and now I only drink water and coffee and don't even notice. That's my plan for chocolate. I'll keep you posted on my withdrawal!
.
Wishing for: a good vday tomorrow/friday (because we aren't really celebrating it until Friday). Tomorrow I plan to just cuddle around with Jordan and watch Harry Potter while I finish a paper. I think cuddling sounds like a pretty wonderful plan for vday. Friday we are going to go out for dinner and a movie to celebrate love day. Expect some red, pink and possibly heart covered attire.
.
Aren't you guys proud of me that I kept track of the days this week? Finally a Currently post on it's intended day!
.
xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment