Tuesday 8 January 2013

Back to the Daily Grind


Today is my first official day back to work. I do not like work very much. I spend a lot of my time trying to sneak peeks at blogs and lusting secretly over pinterest boards in between doing my work. I am however, very lucky to have my job. I work as a secretary and since I work for my mom and stepdad, my job is pretty secure. They understand if I need to move my work hours around and sit down with me each semester to help plan around my schedule. Oh and I don't make minimum wage here. It's super nice, especially when I'm making full time cash in the summer. I do hate my boring old job and sometimes it feels like a place of unwanted stress but all in all I'm pretty blessed.

Another reason to be happy? My schedule this semester seems to suite me pretty nicely. I find a lot of happiness in getting to relax. Who doesn't? But I enjoy relaxing the most during the day time when everyone else has gone their separate ways and I can be alone without the pressures to visit with anyone. Does that make sense? Also I am NOT a morning person. I do like getting up at a decent hour to get things done but I really enjoy sleeping in a little and having a little time to spare before getting to work or school. Early schedules do not allow for this but my new one does! Almost every day I start around one pm (or later- woot) and so I get to make myself a nice breakfast and relax before getting to my day. It's awesome. Today I went to the gym, came home, made some lunch and smoothie and then lazed around a bit before work. So nice.

Tonight I need to seriously think about doing some readings...which I don't want to. I'm supposed to work until 9 but my stepdad said we could leave at 8. Yussss. So maybe I'll put that time to good use. I also have some purging I need to do in my closet. I'm such a clothes hoarder.

Well kids, I think I've typed enough to last you for the the day (probably more).

Count your blessings

xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment