Friday 26 October 2012

I Need to Make This

So I was reading A Beautiful Mess this week (as I always do) and came across this beauty:

I think it's the greatest thing I've ever seen 1) because it's just beautiful and 2) because I can actually make it (well Jordan can help me make it).

It's got such a vintage and lofty feel. It's just what I've been needing for next to my desk in my apartment and even though I can paint mine whatever colour I want, I'm really digging the olive green.

Jordan says it looks cheap but this is coming from a boy who still has a border in his room with skateboarders on it. I take nothing he says about decorating seriously. Sorry pal! One day I'm sure he'll have a beautiful home because he loves old and well-made things but until then he will be the guy who sleeps on a single bed (I seriously cannot get over this fact, I tell him all the time that he needs to get a "big boy bed!")

I was going to try to make it this weekend but my trip to Montreal has kind of made me fearful of spending any money. One day beautiful shelf, you will be mine, oh yes, you will be mine!

Oh Elsie and Emma, you and your team are so creative! Little known fact about me but probably very common in the blogospher: A Beautiful Mess was the first blog I ever began to read and it has led me to basically every blog I read now. One day I am going to work my way through their DIY's. I promise you that.

So here's to future crafts!

xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment