Friday 4 October 2013

Mornings


There's something wonderful about waking up before everyone else, making yourself a beautiful breakfast and having a few quiet moments before you have to jump into the hustle and bustle of the day. The reason these are so special is because I am in no way a morning person. I am and always have been a night owl. I was the kid who would pull all nighters and have my parents come into my room at 6am and yell at me to go to bed OR ELSE. It blows my mind that I've gotten myself down to an 11:30 bedtime now that I have to work every morning at 9am.

One semester in university I didn't have a class earlier than 1pm. Most of my classes didn't even start until the late afternoon or evening. For the entire semester I stayed up until 4am every night. I remember thinking at midnight every night that I still had so much time to do as I pleased. Now if someone texts me at midnight and I read it the next morning I think "sheesh, I was long gone by then."

I think that the reason I stayed awake so late was to get those moments that I now sometimes get in the morning (if I can pull myself awake early enough). After midnight you start entering a time when you're one of the only people awake and you tip toe around the house, enjoying the alone time.

I'll always be a night owl at heart but I am starting to enjoy the special days when I don't have to scramble to get myself ready before my days start. So here's to mornings and their sometimes mean, but always beautiful moments.

xoTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment