Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Sick Days

It's been a bit of a whirlwind for me lately. Sunday morning Erika and I drove back to our hometown so she could see her family and so I could grab a car. I hung around for a while to grab lunch with Jordan and get a little quality time in before I had to back to Toronto to work for the night. Since I got back to Toronto a little earlier I decided to clean my room and pack a bag because I was planning on going back home for a few days and I figured I might as well just make the trek again that night. Doing the same 40 minute drive twice in one day isn't too fun but waking up early the next day to do it isn't any better.

It's a good thing that I went home the night before because I spent all night waking up with horrible stomach pains. I've never felt this before. It felt like someone was taking my stomach and wringing it out like a wash cloth. I woke up the next morning feeling like I'd been beaten up in my sleep. My whole body was sore, I had a headache and a fever. It wasn't too bad until I thought I could take a shower and do my hair. I felt like I was going to be sick and faint at the same time. Jordan was on his way to pick me up and by the time he got there I got in his car and just started crying. When we got to his house we asked his mom, who's a nurse, what to do and she gave me a long hug while rubbing my back and telling me what her "get better" plan was for me. After some pills I took a nice, long nap and woke up feeling a bit better. I could finally have at least a piece of toast. I kept feeling better all night, with the help of more pills and by the next morning I was all better.

Honestly,  I can't get over the kindness of some people. I know Jordan and his mother really didn't feel like they did much for me but it was soo needed that day. I felt like I was dying and all I really needed was someone to rub my back, or tuck me in, or just make me feel better when I cried and they did that for me. I got Jordan some chocolate and his mom a cute little succulent to say thank you. They're so kind.

I'm still in my hometown today but I'll be heading back later tonight. I'll be back this weekend for my nephew's birthday. I'm excited for that!

Also: please note that the photos above are NOT from my sick day. If someone took a photo of me that day then you would probably be cringing right now. Thank God for no photographic evidence of that fateful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment